Momo Adachi (安達 もも Adachi Momo) is the main character and heroine of Peach Girl.
Momo is the main character in the anime and manga. She has loved Toji for many years, although later on she finds herself falling in love with Kairi. However Kairi has issues of his own, which cause Momo more pain. When she found out Toji disliked girls with tan skin, she started to avoid swimming pools and wore a lot of sunblock to get her skin to its original color which is fair. Later on, Momo finds out that Toji never said he disliked girls with tan skin. Her friend from junior high had made that up because she had liked him too. She is often confused later on when she likes both Toji and Kairi at the same time, causing much dispute between both boys. A long the way her relationship with Sea change rapidly from episode to episode.Her given name means 'peach' in Japanese. During the summer she and Toji go on a trip, she got a text saying that Kairi was going to kill himself. Then, she realizes she loves Kairi.
Momo has hazel eyes, light hair (blond manga and auburn anime) and tanned skin. Her school uniform consists of a blue vest, white shirt, and a plaid blue skirt with long blue socks and brown shoes.
Personality and traitsEdit
Momo is a shy, sweet and insecure girl, However she has a fierce temper, exremely loyal and headstrong. Sometimes Momo can show traits of high jealousy however through out the series she has good reason for feeling that way. Although Momo can be selfish, she can also be very selfless and caring. Over-all she is a normal girl just trying to find her way, while helping others and still trying to help herself.
- Sae Kashiwagi
- In the beginning, Sae wanted to ruin Momo's life. She is the one who spreads malicious gossip about Momo; something Momo knows, but has trouble dealing with. Sea is extremely jealous of Momo and insecure. She really is mean and doesn't care for Momo and isn't her "real" friend. Sae wanted nothing more than popularity in school and to steal Toji away from Momo. (Which worked for a short time.) She begins to repent after she falls in love with Ryo and understands the hurtful feeling that she caused Momo, causing them to beging being friends as of episode 16.
- Kazuya "Toji" Toujigamori
Momo's first love interest. A boy who has been Momo's crush since junior high school although she never then confessed to him due to a friend saying he "doesn't like girls with tan skin". He overhears Momo confess her love for him to Kairi and then eventually dates Momo but Sae wants him for herself. He has a good heart, but tends to be hard headed and oblivious to what is in front of him, believing what Sae says over what Momo says, much to the frustration of Momo. Sae later blackmails Toji into dating her using pictures of Momo and Jigoro in a hotel bed together. He then breaks up with Momo. After this Momo starts dating Kairi. Toji continues to help Momo through out the series and Momo struggles with her old feelings for Toji as of episode 18.
- Kairi Okayasu
- Momo's second love interest, and is a popular and carefree classmate of Momo's. Sae goes after him after Momo lies that she likes him to protect her and Toji's relationship. He thought that Momo was the one who once gave him CPR when he had nearly drowned at the beach when they were younger; only to later find out he had been saved by the local male lifeguard. His interest in her is renewed when Sae spreads rumors about them being a couple; he adds to this by claiming he has kissed Momo. When Momo is upset by his rumor, he tries to make the rumor true by kissing her unexpectedly in the beginning of the series.
- After the two start dating, his insecurities about relationships are revealed to stem from his unrequited love for Misao, the school nurse and Kairi's former tutor. However, after he confesses and is shot down by her, he actually feels relieved and confident to pursue his relationship with Momo. He begins fighting over her with Toji and in the end they get back together.
- Misao Aki
- The school nurse and a big sister figure for Momo. It is shown clearly in several episodes that Misao is a very caring person, always looking out for Momo and asking if she is okay. Despite the drama Kairi caused between the two females, they remain close even after the events.
- Ryo Okayasu
- Kairi's older brother who works in the video game industry. Momo rarely speaks to him and the only times she ever did was when she was insulting him about how he treated Sae. Their relationship is not good and Momo is highly disgusted with Ryo's behaviour. However, it is possible after Ryo is touched by Sae that he might become a nicer person.